Weight Loss Journey



12 Week Challenge... COMPLETED!

Monday, August 16, 2010 Edit This 0 Comments »
That's right! I completed the 12 week challenge!
12 weeks ago I was petrified of what I had signed myself up to. All I could think of was being pushed way beyond my limit, I thought there would be tears from not being able to do the workouts and still being pushed to do it, would I be pushed so hard I'd vomit? I was worried I'd start the challenge and wouldn't finish it because I thought it was 'too hard'.
Now it was come to the end of the 12 weeks and I'm sad that it is over :( I continued to surprise myself each week with my ability and how quickly my fitness and strength improved. I started the challenge not being able to do 1 push up and now I can do over 10! I jog longer, I can lift heavier weights and I can stick to my calories without even trying. Not only was I able to complete every challenge on the Sunday afternoon (without tears or vomit) but I was able to go straight to my netball game after the Sunday challenge and play a whole game! And then last night I went straight to netball and played two games after our longest grueling Sunday challenge ever!
But my weight loss journey is not over! I'm back to the gym tonight to sign up for their results program which will be almost the same as what I have been doing minus the Sunday challenges. I now only have 20kgs to lose, which sounds a whole lot better then over 30kgs! That used to sound almost impossible to me! My goal over the next 12 weeks is to lose 10 kgs and then hopefully I will lose my last 10 kg by Christmas. The goal is still in sight for me. Normally I would have given up a long time ago with my 'its too hard' thoughts. But not this time! I feel so good and I could never go back to my old ways.
I went and bought coffee from the coffee shop and the lady behind hte counter kept looking at me only to finally say 'wow you look good today!' I must say it has helped put a little skip in my step this morning :)
Well I'm off to enjoy my day :)

0 comments: